The Substance Use Recovery and Workplace Safety Program (SURWSP) is a collaboration between the County of Summit Alcohol Drug Addiction and Mental Health Board (ADM Board) and the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation. This program will provide the following for employers that hire workers in substance use recovery:
- Training for managers/supervisors to better manage and retain workers in recovery.
- Reimbursement for pre-employment, random confirmatory, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, and return-to-duty drug testing.
- A forum for employers, workers, and boards to share their success stories and learn from each other.
The goal is to help everyone succeed! Employers boost production without compromising safety; workers are re-engaged in meaningful work as part of Ohio’s workforce, succeeding in their recovery, and successfully engaging in the community.
Four Steps to Apply
Below you will find the process to request funds and links to required documents and information. Download the Four Steps to Apply pdf.
- Submit the Spending Plan for confirmation that funds are available and approval of intended use and vendors.
- Submit a W-9 (Only required for first time applicants)
All of the above documents should be submitted together to firstname.lastname@example.org with SURWSP in the subject line.
You will receive a response from the ADM Board within 7 business days with follow-up questions or approval to move forward. Expenses accrued prior to enrollment may be reimbursed retroactive to July 1, 2019.
- Complete the services as outlined in your spending plan and make sure to review the Request for Reimbursement form to ensure you are collecting all required documentation in the process.*
*All services must be provided by a vendor recognized in the Drug Free Safety Program vendor list. If your vendor has changed since you your Spending Plan submission, you will need to notify the Board at email@example.com with SURWSP in the subject line.
- Once you have completed all requested services, submit the Request for Reimbursement form outlining all of services, costs and required supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org with SURWSP in the subject line.
The ADM Board will review your information and barring any necessary follow-up, your reimbursement check will be mailed within 20 business days.
Reference Documents and Additional Information:
- Enrollment Form
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Substance Use Recovery and Workplace Safety Program Flyer
- IRS Form W-9
- Statement of Recovery
- Spending Plan
- Request for Reimbursement
- SURWSP Policy
Please contact the ADM Board if you have questions about applying for funds or email email@example.com with SURWSP in the subject line.
Contacts at Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation
If you have BWC specific questions, please contact:
Mark J. Clendenin at 330-312-4713 or Mark.C.firstname.lastname@example.org
General inquires may also be submitted to email@example.com.
Quick Reference Reimbursable Expense Chart