Trauma Summit May 18-20, 2020 - Columbus, OH
About the Summit County Trauma Informed Care Coalition (SCTICC)
Over 20 community partners representing the health care, education, legal and other systems working together to educate our community and to improve quality and access to trauma informed support – to create a trauma informed community.
To increase understanding within the community about trauma and its effects, to improve quality of care and access to evidence-based services for individuals and families affected by trauma, and to facilitate collaboration across systems.
What is Trauma/Adversity?
Any experience, real or perceived, that leaves a person feeling hopeless, helpless, and/or fearing for one's survival or safety.
Trauma informed care is important to the...
What is the Summit County TICC doing about it?
- Speaker's Bureau - Providing presentation to educate the community about the importance of trauma and how we can prevent it and overcome its effects. Use this PDF form to request a speaker.
- Workforce Development - Supporting and endorsing evidence‐based, trauma informed practices and providing professional development opportunities.
- Collaboration - Developing a network of interdisciplinary community organizations to promote county‐wide coordinated trauma informed care.
Summit County Partners
Members from each of these organizations are actively involved and support the Summit County Trauma Informed Care Coalition.
- Akron Childrens Hospital
- Akron Metropolitan Housing Association
- Akron Municipal Court
- Akron Public Schools
- Attorneys Emershaw, Mushkat & Schneier
- Battered Women's Shelter
- Cleveland Clinic Akron General PATH Center
- Change Direction Summit County Choices
- Coleman Services
- Community Support Services
- First Things First Council
- Greenleaf Family Center
- Red Oak Behavioral Health
- Portage Path Behavioral Health/PES
- Rape Crisis Center
- Shelter Care
- Summa Health System
- Summit County Alcohol, Drug Addiction & Mental Health Services Board
- Summit County Children Services
- Summit County Executive Ilene Shapiro
- Summit County Juvenile Court
- Summit Educational Service Center
- Tough Work Outreach
- University of Akron
- CHC Addiction Center
- Summit County Developmental Disabilities Board
- Barberton Municipal Court
- Stow Municipal Court
- PEG's Foundation
- Family & Children First Council
- Equitas Health
- VANTAGE Aging
- Ohio Guidestone
- Ohio Association of Professional Fire
- Beech Brook
- Akron Urban League
- Akron Summit Public Library
- Ohio Department of Public Safety
- Victims Assistance Program
- Lighthouse Family Center
- Child Guidance & Family Solutions
- Summit County Public Health
Want to learn more or get involved?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org